- Combined Gross Income = 3 Times Monthly Rent
- Clean Credit Report
- Credit Challenged Tenants Accepted with Owner Approval
- Clean Criminal & Legal Report
- Clean & Verifiable Rental References (Minimum 3 Years)
- Past Evictions are Grounds for Immediate Rejection
- All Occupants 18 Years or Older Must Complete and Application
- We Screen All Tenants & Occupants 18 Years or Older and Check all References.
- Falsification of any Information on the Rental Application is Grounds for Immediate Rejection
A rental application must be processed on all prospective occupants 18 years of age or older. A non-refundable application fee must be paid for each applicant leasing for 31 days or more.
All prospective occupants will be qualified on the following four (4) criteria:
- Income & Employment
- Rental or Residency History
- Criminal History
Some other things to note:
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- All occupants 18 years of age or older must completely fill out & sign a rental application and meet our qualifying criteria.
- Each occupant, 18 years of age or older, must agree to pay a $50 non-refundable application fee.
If an applicant fails to meet any of the below four (4) criteria, he/she may be asked to pay additional security deposit up to, but not exceeding 1 ½ times the rent or given the option of obtaining a co-signer (who must also meet above criteria.) If the applicant fails to meet two of the four criteria, applicant will be required to pay full 1 ½ times the month rent in security deposit AND have a co-signer. OWNER WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN OFF OR APPROVE ANY APPLICANTS WITH VARIATIONS TO GUIDELINES.
Applicants will be denied for the following reasons:
- Prior or pending eviction
- Foreclosures within the past three (3) years with unresolved judgment
- Monies owed to an apartment community or landlord
- Bankruptcy in the last six (6) months or pending Bankruptcy
- Conviction of any crime by applicant/occupant including misdemeanors involving weapons, children, gangs, prostitution, drugs, or violence; juvenile convictions that would have been a felony had the juvenile been an adult;
- Registered sex offenders will be automatically denied
- Falsifying information on application
Equal Opportunity Housing: Tipton Group Real Estate does not and will not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, or sexual orientation.
Income & Employment
Gross monthly income must be three (3) times the amount of the monthly rent. Occupants’ income may be combined to meet the requirement. If employment income does not meet the criteria, documentation of other supplemental income must be provided (i.e. savings, stocks/bonds, social security, trust fund income, educational grants, etc.)
- Employment must be current and verifiable for a minimum of one (1) year.
- Other verifiable income equaling three (3) times annual monthly rent.
- Verifiable income includes as confirmed by employer, trust officer, tax returns, or other satisfactory documentation as required.
- Each roommate should earn 1 ½ times the rent. If one of more roommate(s) do not, at least one roommate must meet the three (3) times requirement.
Rental or Residency History
Rental history will be verified for each applicant.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year verifiable rental/residence history and
- No more than (2) late payments in a 12-month period.
- No more than one (1) NSF in a 12-month period.
- No non-compliance issues that resulted in non-renewal or eviction
A credit report will be processed on each applicant.
- All applicants must have at least 75% positive credit
- No credit history will be counted as good credit
- Bankruptcy over six (6) months old will not be considered
- If credit is below 75% positive, the applicant will be required to have a co -signer
- Medical, Dental and Student loans will not be taken into account
Applicants that have been convicted of any crime including misdemeanors involving weapons, children, gangs, prostitution, drugs, or violence; juvenile convictions that would have been a felony had the juvenile been an adult; will not be accepted.
Registered sex offenders will be automatically denied.